California’s hidden gem!
Originating high in the mountains of central California near Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Park, the Kings River is one of the most scenic rivers in the West. With no upstream dams to spoil its natural beauty, the Kings river offers an excellent whitewater rafting trip experience.
A big water river without the technical difficulty of the Tuolumne or Merced, our Kings river trips are suitable for both the first timer and the advanced rafter. Later in the season, when the water level slows down, the Kings river is great for families with kids 7 and older.
For those coming from Los Angeles, the round trip drive is about 6 hours shorter than going to the American River. We are convinced that our Kings River programs are the finest rafting-camping value to be found anywhere.
Kings Trip Options
Specials & Add-Ons
- $119 SPECIAL – SAVE ON SELECT DATES: A full 1-day trip with a riverside lunch included! This special is offered on select dates only during our prime season, and follows the same itinerary as our regular 1-day trips.
- 35% MID-WEEK (ANY DAY) FAMILY DISCOUNT: For 2-day trips launching on Mondays and Thursdays, and for 1-day trips launching Monday through Friday, each youth 17 years and younger, when accompanied by an adult at full rate, rafts for 35% off the adult rate. To qualify, each child must be matched with a full paying adult. This Family Special does not apply to our 1/2 day trips, or to groups already receiving the 6 or more group discount. Family Special reservations must be made by calling our office at 1-800-431-3636.
- ADD-ONS: Add a prior-night camping and breakfast package to your 1 or 2-day trip for just $23.00/adult, and $15.00/youth 12 and younger. Choose this add-on during your online reservation process, or just call our office.
- Free RV parking in our shaded parking area.
- Contact us to book specials.
Our Base Camp
Our beautiful 5 acre Kings river base camp is right on the river. Our camp features a large outdoor kitchen and dining area, and bathrooms with flush toilets, running water, sinks and mirrors. Picnic tables scattered throughout camp, with individual barbeques, and sandy, riverside camp spots. Enjoy spectacular swimming areas, or play horseshoes or volleyball while dinner is prepared. Our base camp is relatively close to the very scenic Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Park. Our camp also easily accommodates large groups up to 72 guests plus campers.
Extra Dinner/Camping Option: Want to raft for only 1/2 or 1-day, but want to stay over? An extra nights camping, our lavish dinner with wine and other beverages, our evening slide show showing YOU rafting that day, and another great breakfast the next morning, plus the full use of our base-camp, can be added onto either the 1/2 day or 1-day trips (space permitting) for an extra $50.00 per person ($40.00 for youth 12 and younger). Advanced reservations are required. Our dinners are normally served on Saturday, Monday, and Thursday evenings with some exceptions.
Why book with Zephyr?
- Zephyr is the only outfitter on the Kings river that routinely provides one oar-powered cargo raft on each trip (with the exception of our 1/2 day express trips). Why is this beneficial for you? It allows us to carry lunch with us on the river, so we can stop at some of the more pristine and secluded lunch spots, with side creeks, swimming holes, water slides, and Native American interpretive sites. Also, the oar powered raft does not require guests to paddle, and is more stable and easier to control than are pure paddle rafts. We can accommodate those with physical restrictions, families with younger children, or people who just want to ride and enjoy the day without paddling.
- We prepare all of our food on site, and use only the freshest ingredients. Our reputation for the best food on the Kings River is well deserved.
- Generous group discounts. Our group rates are unbeatable. You start saving money with a group of only 6 people. (See individual trip pages for details). And for families, we offer a 35% discount for all kids 17 and younger when accompanied by a full paying adult, for all trips launching on Monday through Thursday.
- Our base camp, which is situated right on the Kings river as shown in the photo, features flush toilets, sinks, mirrors, changing rooms, and one rinse-off shower (beach type shower). We have picnic tables, volleyball, horseshoes, and beautiful campsites right next to the river. We have 3 wooden platform tent rentals available, as well as our regular tent and sleeping bag rentals. The sounds of moving water will lull you to sleep each evening. We are convinced that our facilities are the finest on the Kings river
- Free use of wetsuits and paddle jackets for all spring trips. Other outfitters charge you for using theirs, but we provide ours free…you save money by rafting with Zephyr.
Our Kings River Base camp is located just upriver from Kirch Flat Campground on the Kings River.
PLEASE NOTE: TRIPS DO NOT MEET AT OUR MAIN OFFICE IN COLUMBIA, CA. If you simply Google “Zephyr Whitewater”, the directions will take you to Columbia, and you will miss your trip. Please be sure to refer to our trip logistics pdf file in your reservation confirmation e-mail.