- Zephyr is the only outfitter on the Kings river that routinely provides one oar-powered cargo raft on each trip (with the exception of our 1/2 day express trips). Why is this beneficial for you? It allows us to carry lunch with us on the river, so we can stop at some of the more pristine and secluded lunch spots, with side creeks, swimming holes, water slides, and Native American interpretive sites. Also, the oar powered raft does not require guests to paddle, and is more stable and easier to control than are pure paddle rafts. We can accommodate those with physical restrictions, families with younger children, or people who just want to ride and enjoy the day without paddling.
- We prepare all of our food on site, and use only the freshest ingredients. Our reputation for the best food on the Kings River is well deserved.
- Generous group discounts. Our group rates are unbeatable. You start saving money with a group of only 6 people. (See our rates and schedule page for details). And for families, we offer a 35% discount for all kids 17 and younger when accompanied by a full paying adult, for all trips launching on Monday through Thursday.
- Our base camp, which is situated right on the Kings river as shown in the photo, features flush toilets, sinks, mirrors, changing rooms, and one rinse-off shower (beach type shower). We have picnic tables, volleyball, horseshoes, and beautiful campsites right next to the river. We have 3 wooden platform tent rentals available, as well as our regular tent and sleeping bag rentals. The sounds of moving water will lull you to sleep each evening. We are convinced that our facilities are the finest on the Kings river
- Free use of wetsuits and paddle jackets for all spring trips. Other outfitters charge you for using theirs, but we provide ours free…you save money by rafting with Zephyr.