Merced River 1-day trips
Our Full Day Merced trips cover 16 miles of beautiful canyon and exciting Class 3-4 whitewater. The day starts at 9:30 AM with check in, orientation, and a bus ride up to our put in. After a safety talk and paddling practice, we’re on the river and ready for action! Our professional guides will lead you through fun and challenging rapids, and will prepare a delicious lunch for you on the side of the river half way through the trip. After we take out, our bus will bring you back to your cars where you can change clothes, look at photos, and share stories.
Minimum age: 9 -12 depending on water levels.
Merced 1-Day 2023 Trip Dates
Daily from April through mid-July and longer depending on snowpack.
Trips depart 7 days a week.
Merced 1-Day Pricing
|Group Price (12+)|
- Prices are per person and subject to an 8% Government access/service fee
- 5% discount for groups of 6-11
- Group rates apply for 12 or more, plus 1 free trip with 24 or more
- Arrive 9:30 a.m. or before at our office in Midpines, CA. See logistics for directions
- Park cars, assemble, hand in release forms or fill them out if you did not bring them already filled out
- Board our bus for the scenic 30 minute ride to our launch area
- Start rafting
- Lunch around 1:00 on river
- Start rafting again around 2:00, and continue on down into the Gorge below Briceburg
- Around 3:30 we hit Corner Pocket and Split Rock rapid…plenty of excitement
- Arrive at take-out around 4:00. Load up in bus for the 10 minute ride back to your cars.
- NOTE: The 7 hour window for each trip includes car parking, bus shuttle, safety talks, on river lunch stop and other possible delays. Actual “on-water” time varies depending on how high or how low the water levels are at trip time.
- Wetsuits/paddle jackets for spring trips
- All river gear including helmets and life jackets
- Full lunch served on river
- Beverages at trip’s end
- Parking and round trip bus shuttle to and from river.
On the River
Logistics, Directions & Accomodations
The Merced river is a Wild and Scenic, Free-Flowing River. There are no dams upstream, so our water levels fluctuate throughout the season (and day to day). Please contact us if you have any questions about what water levels will look like for your trip!