American River – South Fork
Family fun in the heart of Gold Country!
Offered in Association with our Sister Outfitter
$109 – $124
The South Fork of the American River is a great introduction to the sport of whitewater rafting, and is close to Sacramento. This river is great for families or whitewater veterans alike. A good solid Class III run with over 20 major rapids, its course will take you through the small mining town of Coloma, where James Marshall first discovered gold at Sutters Mill and changed the course of California history. Calm sections are interspersed with wonderfully fun rapids and the excitement comes to a head in the last 3 miles of river known as “The Gorge”.
Minimum age: 9-12 (main season), 7 (late season), dependent on water levels.
2022 Trip Dates
Prices start at $100 for our 1/2 day trips and range up to $299 for our 2 day trips. For more detailed pricing information please contact us.
- Prices are per person and subject to an 8% Government access/service fee
- 5% discount for groups of 6-11.
- Group rates apply for 12 or more, plus 1 free trip with 24 or more
- Please contact us for a detailed itinerary, depending on your Trip Options (1/2 Day, Full Day, or 2 Day)
- Wet suits and/or paddle jackets if needed
- All river gear including helmets and life jackets
- Beverages at trips end
- Parking and round trip bus shuttle to and from river
- Lunch is not included on our 1/2 day trips
On the River
Logistics, Directions & Accomodations
The South Fork American is a great option for later season trips (August-September) as it has consistent dam-controlled waterflow