The Merced river tumbles and twists out of Yosemite Valley, gradually mellowing into a raftable whitewater river just 4 miles below the town of El Portal. It is here that our trips begin. Offering abundant whitewater confined by a narrow corridor, this river is a must for the whitewater enthusiast. Indeed, the Merced river offers one of the best whitewater rafting paddle-boat trips in California and our meeting spot is only 1 hour and 15 minutes from Yosemite Valley!
For Reservations, feel free to call us or click an appropriate “Book Now” button below to book online!
Why Book your trip with ZEPHYR? Consider…
- Zephyr is the largest whitewater outfitter on the Merced river. We raft more guests each season than all other outfitters combined.
- More trip options. We offer both morning and afternoon 1/2-day trips, PLUS one full-day trip every day.
- Our photographers take photos of you rafting during the day. Your photos are available for viewing immediately after your trip in our office.
- Free use of wet-suits and paddle jackets.
- For camping options before or after your river trip, please visit our camping map.
Merced Trip Options
Morning 1/2-dayMore details…
Afternoon 1/2-dayMore details…
NOTE: as of the 2019 rafting season, our meeting location for our Merced River trips has changed. We no longer meet at the Indian Flat RV Park. All Merced trips now meet at the ZEPHYR WHITEWATER MERCED RIVER PROPERTY, located at 6940 State Highway 140, Midpines, CA, 95345. Our property is eight miles from Mariposa, and just across Highway 140 from the Yosemite Bug Rustic Mountain Resort. We have a large secure parking area, and the Yosemite Bug Mountain Resort has a great restaurant just minutes from our property. See our location on Google Maps.
IMPORTANT: TRIPS DO NOT MEET AT OUR MAIN OFFICE IN COLUMBIA, CA. If you Google “Zephyr Whitewater”, the directions will take you to Columbia, and you will miss your trip.. Make sure you are clear on where to meet! We send you detailed driving directions after you book your reservation.
Trips on the Merced river begin and end close to the Arch Rock entrance to Yosemite Valley, and a visit to Yosemite can easily be incorporated with your rafting trip. Our staff has spent a lot of time in Yosemite, and we would be happy to help you with information on lodging, hiking, or restaurant recommendations. For additional Yosemite information, visit the Virtual Yosemite page.