Class 3-4 — Intermediate
Our main season 1/2 day trips cover 11 river miles, and our late season family trips cover 5.5 miles. Our meeting spot in Midpines (6940 Highway 140) is only 75 minutes from Yosemite Valley.
- Both morning (8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) and afternoon (1:30 to 6:00 p.m.) trips are available. NOTE: The 4.5 hour window for each trip includes car parking, bus shuttle, a safety talk, etc. Actual “on-water” time varies depending on how high or how low the water levels are at trip time.
- From $92 to $117. Minimum age is 7-16 depending on water levels.
- Trips daily from April into July or early August depending on snow-pack
Trip and Price Includes:
- Wetsuits and/or paddle jackets for spring trips
- All river gear including helmets and life jackets
- Beverages at trips end
- Parking and round trip bus shuttle to and from river
- Lunch is not included on our 1/2 day trips
- Meet either at 8:00 a.m. or 1:30 p.m sharp at the Zephyr office located at 6940 Highway 140, MidPines, Ca 95345.
- Park cars, do paperwork and fit wetsuits if needed
- Safety talk, paddle instruction, shuttle to river, and then we start rafting
1/2-day trips during normal water levels:
We offer both morning and afternoon 1/2 day trips. Our morning trips meet at 8:00 and end about 12:30. Our afternoon trips meet at 1:30 and end around 6:00. This trip covers 11 miles and does not include lunch. We raft from Indian Flat to Briceburg.
Late Season 1/2 day trips during low water :
If you are looking for a high water Class 3-4 trip, this is not it! But if your fancy is fun family rafting with warm temperatures, fun lower water class 2-3 rapids, and scenic floating, this trip can’t be beat. When the normal 11-mile 1/2 day trip section of the Merced river becomes too low to raft as the snow melt slows, we move our 1/2 day trips down to “the Gorge”…a 5-mile narrow, scenic section of the river from Briceburg to Railroad Flat. The water is warmer, the air temperature hot, and the lower water rapids are fun and technical. We stop at a calm area for swimming, and kids love jumping off “Jump Rock”. Because of the slower pace (although still providing for fun, technical rapids…you still wear your helmet!) and fun water play activities associated with this trip, we have had clients say that this trip offered more family fun than our higher water trips. Minimum age is 7-9 depending on the swimming ability of your kids and water levels.